Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Drapery Study with Shadows

The title is pretty self-explanitory. We were told to look at the drapery and pick out only the dark shapes. Then lightly shading in the shapes, they would come to define the forms of the faberic. This was my homework for that study, which was about 3 hours of work. I can honestly say that the "negative shapes" drawings are actually fairly fun and challenging to do. Currently still in this section of the course:


 On Monday we were practicing with different colored Carbathello pencils and negative portraits some more. This is actually a shadow portrait of me and how scary I look.


This one was of a girl called Heather who just happened to be sitting next to me in class. She has a very nice and fun face to draw, so I couldn't resist.


No comments:

Post a Comment